As football joined collegiate boxing as a major sport at the University, work began in 1930 on a new stadium to replace Lambeth Field. Scott Stadium—named for the family of University rector and benefactor Frederic W. Scott—was officially dedicated on Oct. 15, 1931. See pictures of the Scott Stadium modern transformation, learn more about its history, and view many more “then and now” photos »