Anchor at Halsey Hall

The anchor is one of two outside the entrance to Halsey Hall, which is named in honor of Fleet Admiral William F. “Bull” Halsey. He studied medicine at the University of Virginia from 1899 to 1900, and returned to Charlottesville after World War II.

Congratulations to Mike Westley (Engr ’94), whose name was chosen at random from the number of readers who correctly identified this photo in our October 2009 e-newsletter. He wins a $25 UVA Bookstore gift certificate.

Check out the rest of the October e-newsletter