- Allison Cryor DiNardo (Col ‘82, GSBA ‘88) of Alexandria, Va., is president of King Street Wireless Inc., a company developing and managing wireless spectrum.
- Dr. Stephen P. Long of Richmond, Va., a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Randolph-Macon College and of Virginia Commonwealth University’s School of Medicine, is a partner with Commonwealth Pain Specialists in Richmond. He is also an associate clinical professor of anesthesiology at VCU.
- George Keith Martin (Col ‘75) of Hanover, Va., is managing partner at McGuireWoods LLP’s Richmond office, the firm’s largest. He received his law degree from Howard University.
- John L. Nau III (Col ‘68) of Houston is president and chief executive officer of Silver Eagle Distributors, one of the nation’s largest Anheuser-Busch distributors. Nau served on the Board of Managers of the UVA Alumni Association and the College Foundation.
- Tim Robertson (Col ‘77) of Virginia Beach, Va., is CEO of Bay Shore Enterprises, an investment holding company with activities in international media and Internet technology ventures. He is filling the unexpired term of Sheila C. Johnson, who resigned from the board earlier this year. The term extends to June 30, 2014.
McDonnell also appointed, in an ex-officio capacity, Dr. Edward M. Miller of Baltimore, dean of the medical faculty and CEO of Johns Hopkins Medicine. Helen E. Dragas (Col ‘84, GSBA ‘88) became the University’s rector and Mark J. Kington (GSBA ‘88) became vice rector.